How to report harassment
If you want to make a code of conduct report, you can contact the code of conduct committee by:
- Calling or texting 07743 352447
- Sending a private message to one of the organisers (red snakes) in the conference Slack
- Finding one of the conference organisers (red badges) wandering around the conference
Should a harassment incident occur, please report it, preferably in writing. All reports will be confidential.
When reporting the incident, try to gather as much information as available. A committee member can assist you in writing the report or collecting information. Please do not interview people about the incident, but leave this to a committee member.
The important information consists of:
- identifying information about the attendee doing the harassing;
- the behavior that was in violation of the code of conduct;
- the approximate time of the behavior;
- the circumstances surrounding the incident;
- other people involved in the incident.
Committee members will be well-briefed on how to deal with incident reports, and on how to further proceed with the situation. See these guidelines for more information.
Committee members will be happy to help participants contact venue security or the police, provide escorts, or otherwise assist those experiencing harassment to feel safe for the duration of the conference.