- Where: Lower Hall
- When: Thursday 19:00 - 22:30
On Thursday evening we'll be running a Python Code Dojo in the Lower Hall, based on the long-running London Python Code Dojo series, now approaching its 10th year.
It's a very welcoming format where a coding challenge is set and everyone takes part as one of a team. It's definitely not a competition, and it definitely is a place where beginners or less experienced coders can join in.
The layout of the evening is as follows:
- We eat, drink and socialise
- We usually choose a challenge, but in this case we're going to write bots to play each other at this Python game: https://robotgame.net/
- We break up into teams
- Each team decides how to approach the challenge, both from a technical and from a team perspective.
- There's about an hour and a half of coding mayhem
- Each team shows its code and results in front of everyone else: how far they got, what they tried, what worked, what didn't.
- We go home happy
There will be pizza for sale and a cash bar, and of course plenty of space for you to play games.
For catering purposes, please let us know you're coming by updating your profile.